When you use Leep, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this along with our Privacy FAQs, which highlight key points about our privacy practices.
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to any users of Leep’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of Leep’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of Leep or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts Leep or otherwise submits information to Leep, unless noted below. This includes those who use Leep or its affiliates’ services to:
- Request or receive transportation (riders)
- Provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies (driver partners)
- Request deliveries of food or other items (delivery recipients)
- Provide delivery services (delivery partners)
Leep provides services to users throughout the world. If you live in the United States, Leep Technologies, Inc. is the data controller for your information. If you live outside the United States, Leep B.V. is the data controller.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by Leep or its affiliates is:
110 East Houston St.
San Antonio, TX78245
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to Leep, such as when you create your Leep account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Leep partners and third parties that use Leep’s API.
Leep collects the following categories of information:
- Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Leep account, which depending on your location and the Leep services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
- Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver partners)
- Consent to a background check (for driver partners where permitted by law)
- Request services through an Leep app or website
- Contact Leep, including for customer support
- Contact other Leep users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by Leep or on behalf of Leep
- Enable features that require Leep’s access to your address book or calendar
- Information created when you use our services
Depending on the Leep services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, Leep may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, Leep collects location information when the Leep app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a rider, Leep may collect location information when the Leep app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Leep may also collect this information when the Leep app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders and delivery recipients may use the Leep app without enabling Leep to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Leep app. For example, if you do not enable Leep to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver partner during your trip, even if you have not enabled Leep to collect your location information.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
Usage and Preference Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the Leep apps. For example, in some countries, we enable driver partners and riders, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, Leep receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. Leep may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
Address book and calendar information
If you permit the Leep app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Leep app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Information from other sources
These may include:
Users providing feedback, such as as ratings or compliments
Leep business partners through which you create or access your Leep account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Leep’s APIs or whose API Leep uses
Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver partner who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
The owner of an Leep for Business or Leep Family profile that you use
Publicly available sources
Marketing service providers
Leep may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Leep collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Leep does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Leep uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
Leep uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to Leep, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Leep account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from driver partners’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviors. This also includes, for example, our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts driver partners to share a selfie before going online. This helps ensure that the driver partner using the app matches the Leep account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Customer support
Leep uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
Leep uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver partner may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- Communications from Leep
Leep may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Leep may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Leep may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Leep’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Leep’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
Leep may share the information we collect:
- With other users
For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by driver partners, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with driver partners. If you share an LeepPOOL with another rider, that rider may be told your name and may see your pickup and/or dropoff location.
If you are a driver or delivery partner, we may share information with your rider(s) including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; your location; your average rating provided by riders; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
- At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
Leep business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Leep may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Leep may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as Leep blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of Leep accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A rider using your employer’s Leep for Business profile
- A driver partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
- With Leep subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Leep may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Leep service providers and business partners
Leep may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, Leep may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Leep may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Leep’s rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Please see Leep’s Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities for more information.
- With your consent
Leep may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Leep retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
Leep retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Leep deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Leep may retain information after account deletion:
If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
Leep may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Leep shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Leep may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Leep account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Leep provides means for you to see and control the information that Leep collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the Leep rider app gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Leep. Riders can also delete their Leep account from the Privacy Settings menu.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Leep app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Leep app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every trip, driver partners and riders are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both driver partners and riders. Your rider rating is available in the main menu of the Leep rider app. Your driver partner rating is available in the Ratings tab of the Leep Partner app.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Leep here. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Leep by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Leep apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.